Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Travel Tuesdays

Welcome to Travel Tuesdays, a new weekly feature here on Confessions of an Avid Reader where I'll share photographs from my recent travels.   This feature has been inspired by the weekly photo posts I enjoy viewing on some of the blogs I follow.   Although this feature won't always be book-related, I intend to tie novels in to my travel themes when applicable.   

To kick off Travel Tuesdays I have some photos of the Grand Canyon to share.   I spent this past weekend in Las Vegas and while there took the opportunity to take a day trip out to the Grand Canyon, this trip included a helicopter ride to the base and back, as well as a short boat trip on the Colorado river.   I've visited Vegas a few times previously, but this was the first chance I had to visit the Grand Canyon.   It was spectacular!    

Here are a couple of photos taken from the helicopter:



















Here are a couple of photos taken from the Colorado River:













And, lastly, here are a couple of shots from Eagle Point, West Rim: